Sunday 4 August 2013

The Twelfth Doctor revealed

In my previous post Who will be Who? I outlined my expectations and wishes when it came to the selection of the Twelfth Doctor. To reiterate the important bits:

Just going by previous form, I expect whomever to take up the mantle of The Doctor to be young, good looking (even if just in a quirky way), and relatively unknown.

I'd welcome an older, grumpier and more grizzled Doctor. I want to see a Doctor that isn't lusted after by all and sundry, but possibly loved in a paternal way, as befits his role of protector.

I don't want to see a female Doctor.

This morning I awoke to see this:


Everything I could have asked for

It seems what I was expecting has been gloriously ignored in favour of what I wanted. I am VERY happy with this choice. Capaldi has, of course already appeared in both Doctor Who and Torchwood. I'm most familiar with him as Danny in Local Hero, but that was a long time ago.

I'm hoping the selection of an older Doctor will help weed out some of the sexual tension and Hunka hunka burning Doc. I'm also interested in seeing how he plays it. He could easily do kooky, but I think he'd shine with crotchety. We need some more crotchety.

In summary

  • Older - Check
  • Not a sex object - Check (at least I hope so)
  • Can play crotchety - Check
  • Not a chick - Check


That'll do, Pig. That'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment