Monday 21 September 2015

I'm baaaack!

Hi there all. After almost a year of inactivity, I have been spurred back into action by the start of Season 9.

In case anyone was wondering, the reason for my drop off in posting was two-fold.

First up, the arrival of my second son. I had a bunch of time off work to help settle him into life on the old homestead, but even so, I was very distracted with him and all the not sleeping etcetera. Now, as his first birthday approaches, I feel like I have enough of my faculties back to start putting my thoughts down again. 

Secondly, and probably more of a factor, the tail end of Season 8 was, in my opinion, depressingly bad. I'll get around to doing proper reviews for the remaining episodes at some point, but suffice it to say the finale physically hurt me, as the writers figuratively peed on the literal grave of my all-time favourite companion. 

Nick Frost as Father Christmas in the Christmas  Special was somewhat of a soothing balm, but Season 9 will need to do a lot to make up for what happened last year.

Having recently watched the first episode of Season 9, The Magicians' Apprentice, I feel like they could be on track to help me forget. A full review of that episode is coming soon.

Hopefully I can get trough a season with no interruptions for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment